Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our Trip to the zoo

I had the pleasure of being a chaparone on Keaghan's class trip to the zoo. The groups were divided by their choice of enrichment activity. Well unfortunately for me Keaghan picked enrichment with Ms. Amick. She is one of the third grade teachers who is a bit of a control freak.

The trip consisted of grades K-3. All of the other teachers except for the third grade ones did a really cool scavenger hunt. The third grade teachers (neither of whom I care for) chose not to. Our teacher instructed us to stay in a large group and we'd figure out where to go. Basically they rushed through everything. Well one of the other mom's who happens to be one of my carpool moms and I decided we were not going to stay with the big group.
We had a great time and got to see what we wanted to. See below for some neat pictures of the kids and animals, the lorakeets were especially pretty.

It was really chilly in the morning and we weren't really dressed for it but by the time we left at 1:15 it was really beautiful. I even managed to get a bit of sun on my face.

















No comments: